We may collect personal data from you when you make a purchase on our website, correspond with us by post, email or telephone, create an account for the subscription service on our website or request information from us. We may also automatically collect technical and usage data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns when you interact with our website. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
If you do not provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to fulfill our obligations to you or respond to your requests, thereby preventing us from providing you with the highest level of service possible.
The personal data about you that we may collect, store and use include:
– general information and contact details, such as name, gender, personal identity number, phone number, email address, address, birthdates, and other contact details;
– financial information, such as bank information, credit information and payment history;
– marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us, user account details to our subscription service, correspondence data when contacting customer service and other communication/subscription preferences;
– usage data such as information about how you use our website and shopping history.
We may use your personal data to:
– administer and fulfil our contractual and legal obligations to you.
– comply with our legal and reporting obligations, such as warranty claims, bookkeeping regulations and reporting to tax authorities as well as other supervisory authorities.
– respond to your inquiries and requests.
– establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Processing of your personal data not based on a legal or contractual requirement will be based on our legitimate interests to:
– provide you with marketing communications and other publications (by post, email, SMS or similar technologies) relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you such as general information and newsletters.
– use data analytics to study how visitors use our website and to improve our website.
– manage our everyday business needs.
We may use profiling in order to provide you with customized marketing offers.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
– to our service providers who may only process the personal data on our behalf.
– to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
– in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
– in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
We will take adequate security measures to prevent any accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We will only save your personal data as long as necessary in order for us to achieve the purpose it was collected for.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or as the age of majority in your state or province of residence have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com